I found a post on Huffington Post called The Spiritual Power of Words.
In it, Kristen Houghton suggests that words have the power to:
- Change lives.
- Make sick people healthy.
- Encourage success.
- Guide those who need direction.
- Make or break relationships.
- Create a lasting impression on others.
She even goes on to say that:
Words are more powerful than anything on earth.
Here are some other points I found interesting:
- The ancients believed that the spoken word contained the power and authority of the Gods. In later centuries, any person who could actually write words was elevated, almost to the level of a God.
- The power of words is psychological.
- The emotional impact of words can define a life or change an outlook.
- Words bring us together in no ways actions can.
It’s a very interesting read, and it presents many good points.
Have you thought about words this way before? Can words really have a psychological impact on us, and do they indeed have the power to define our lives?